July 9, 2008

New Uses for Old Items - Get Organized & Recycle!


In search of a way to save money and make space in my always shrinking home, I found a great article from Real Simple about creative ideas for outgrown or older children's items such as old cowboy boots, a baby changing table, and even outgrown girl's skirts!

Here are a few:



Cowboy Boots: Use these as bookends for your child's bookshelf or really any bookshelf in your home. I'm thinking about painting a pair of my son's little boots light blue or red so they will match with his room.






Diaper Changing Table: Use it to organize gardening tools and supplies in your garage. I think it is also a great place to put baskets and organize all of those books and toys that seem to creep out every day!

2 comments:

DairyQueen said...

great idea! my girls love wearing boots. my older dd wore them nearly everyday, no matter what clothes she had on or where she was going! I haven't wanted to give them away, now i know what I'll do with them!

Audra Krell said...

That is a great idea. Thanks for posting the picture, that always helps and encourages me to try things. I love this because you can do boys boots in a male bedroom. Thanks for sharing.